If you've been looking into meal prep for women but don't have a clue where to start, the Fit Mother Project has got you covered!
Most of us would love to minimize the time we spend cooking and cleaning up our kitchens.
As a mom, it can seem like there's an endless chain of dishes to clean, meals to make, and people to convince into eating them.
Meal prep for women is the best way to keep your whole team fed and your time in the kitchen at a minimum!
And as if that weren't enough, you'll be able to monitor how healthily your whole family is eating throughout the week.
Read on to learn how meal prep for women can change the way you think about cooking and make healthy eating automatic.
How to Meal Prep for Women
While meal prep for women is not a diet, it has a structure that takes some getting used to.
There are four main steps that you'll need to follow to get into the groove!
Decide on Your Meal Prep Meals
When you choose recipes, it's important to choose healthy ones that you know will keep you on track for your fitness goals.
It's also essential to choose recipes that your family is a bit familiar with, so they too can ease into the transition.
Schedule Your Meal Prep Days
You can either cook once for the entire week or cook two times a week.
If you decide to cook once a week, Saturdays and Sundays are typically the best.
If you'd like to split up your week, many women choose to cook on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
Head to the Market
You'll need to create a well thought out grocery list to tackle your meal prep cooking.
We recommend pulling together recipes that use some similar ingredients so you can purchase in bulk.
Check what produce is in season to make sure you're not paying too much for a specialty item!
Cook and Store
Once you get all your groceries home, it's time to really kick off the meal prepping!
If you purchased similar ingredients for different meals, you'll be able to cook proteins, vegetables, and carbs in rounds instead of cooking one meal at a time.
Tips to Love Your Meal Prep
Adjusting to a new way of cooking can be hard.
Here are our favorite meal prep for women tips to make sure you can enjoy the process of meal prep for women!
- Right containers: Invest in glass containers, good Tupperware, and freezer-friendly ziplock bags to make sure your meals stay fresh.
- Shop in bulk: Head to the bulk aisles of the grocery store to get the best deals on ingredients like nuts and dried fruit.
- Use your slow cooker: Your slow cooker can be your get-out-of-jail-free card if you ever forget to plan a meal. Throw ingredients into the slow cooker and come back to a complete meal in the evening!
- Save your recipes: Keep your favorites bookmarked. Try recipe organizing apps like Paprika right on your phone.
- Spice it up: Keep your meals flavorful with spices and herbs.
- Cut corners: Meal prepping doesn't mean that everything is made from scratch. Buy pre-made crusts or pre-cut vegetables if it will keep you on your diet and save time.
Living Your Healthiest Life
Meal prepping can feel like a big change from whipping dinners together nightly, but you'll never look back once you do it.
By keeping your cooking time to a minimum, you can invest your time in homework or just talking with your partner!
Just think about the amount of time you can free up by doing minimal dishes every night.
Get creative with the recipes that you and your family like. Meal prepping is individual to each person!
You can learn more about healthy dieting with the Fit Mom 3-day Weight Loss Jumpstart.
Our simple, sustainable tips can help you to build a healthier life for you and your family. Try the 3-day Weight Loss Jumpstart and kick your life into higher gear!
*Please know that weight loss results & health changes/improvements vary from individual to individual; you may not achieve similar results. Always consult with your doctor before making health decisions. This is not medical advice – simply very well-researched info on meal prep for women.