Do you ever wonder why weight loss is one of those topics that people seem to never stop talking about?
Well, it's not because every average Joe and Jane is an expert in weight loss. On the contrary, people can't seem to figure out what works!
When it comes to weight loss for busy moms, we know that you just want results. No ridiculous methods or plans that only work for a week.
That's why we've compiled the dos and don'ts of weight loss for busy moms! Read on to learn the simple ways you can welcome consistent weight loss without the headache of a complicated diet.
Weight Loss for Busy Moms: Simple Don'ts
Moms get pretty comfortable with the word “no.” No shoes in the house, no ice cream before dinner, the list goes on and on.
But how disciplined are you when it comes to the no-nos of healthy eating? While the list below might seem like small things, they are actually a big foundational step towards a healthier life.
Remember: weight loss is a marathon, not a race.
- Don't drink alcohol. Eliminating alcohol is challenging, especially if you're a social drinker or enjoy a few glasses to unwind at home. But alcohol packs sugar and calories that you don't need. Try to limit yourself to one drink for social occasions and eliminate drinking at home.
- Limit sugar intake. Start reading labels and you'll find sugar in things you thought were healthy. Pay special attention to cereal bars, granola bars, cereal, coffee creamers, and drinks. Try to limit your sugar intake to less than 50 grams per day.
- Don't starve at work. Plan to keep healthy snacks available at your work. You can avoid the unhealthy vending machine altogether if you provide for yourself!
- Don't be a lone wolf. Make exercising social! Include friends you haven't seen in a while or your coworkers. This way, you'll get to keep up with your social circle while conquering fitness goals.
- Don't shrug off the weekend. While many of us would like to take the weekend as lazier days, Saturday and Sunday can be two of the best days to get a workout in.
Try avoiding a handful on this don't list this week, and tack on a few more next week if you're feeling motivated.
Weight Loss for Busy Moms: Simple Dos
Eliminating things from your diet can be extremely challenging. But this is a list of things you can add to your life!
Achieving a healthy lifestyle isn't just about losing weight. It's about making sure your body has everything it needs to set you up mentally, physically and emotionally.
Remember: small, good habits add up to a healthy life.
- Plan your workouts. If you don't, everything else will get in the way: work, social events, the needs of your spouse or children. Scheduling out time for working out will help you plan what the rest of your family can do while you're working out, ensuring there are no loose ends.
- Utilize your mornings. If you wake up even 30 minutes earlier, you can fit in meditation, prepping for dinner, or taking a brisk walk around your neighborhood. Building in more time in your mornings will help you feel more prepared for the day, no matter what you choose to do with the time.
- Sleep more. You need no less than 6 hours a night. Getting enough sleep can assist your weight loss and stress levels and is essential to fighting off sickness.
- Drink enough water. Getting about 6-8 glasses of water per day is essential so that your body can function properly. Start with drinking one full glass while you get ready for the day.
- Track your calories. Using an app like My Fitness Pal to track your caloric intake can help inform you of how much you generally eat per day. From there, you can make decisions on if you need to cut back on certain foods.
You can make weight loss for busy moms easier if you add positive habits into your life week after week.
Weight Loss for Everyone
Everyone's bodies and schedules are different, so it's difficult to create one plan for weight loss.
But here at the Fit Mother Project, we've created a plan that will kickstart you into weight loss success.
The Fit Mom 3-Day Weight Loss Jumpstart is one of our most popular programs, designed to give you a free diet and exercise guide that you can do all on your own – no gym needed.
Join the movement of fit moms by signing up for the Fit Mom 3-Day Weight Loss Jumpstart today!
*Please know that weight loss results & health changes/improvements vary from individual to individual; you may not achieve similar results. Always consult with your doctor before making health decisions. This is not medical advice – simply very well-researched info on weight loss for busy moms.