Are you hosting or attending an Easter meal and need nutritious Easter brunch ideas? You're in luck!
Try the dishes below to keep the menu healthy for you and your entire family.
They'll be surprised to learn that these tasty Easter brunch recipes are actually good for them!
Easter brunch ideas that make the best meals depend on you and your family's food preferences and lifestyle.
When possible, choose recipes that contain whole-food ingredients and minimal to no added sugar.
Can't resist those chocolate bunnies? Sugar addiction is real. Here's what you can do about it!
Easter Brunch Ideas: 8 Healthy and Mouth-Watering Recipes
This simple, yet healthy and delicious omelet muffin recipe is loaded with protein, fiber, and flavor! Family members of all ages will adore it.
Alter the recipe by using uncured turkey bacon in place of traditional bacon.
- 3 slices of chopped uncured turkey bacon
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 4 sliced scallions
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cook the turkey bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy (4-5 minutes).
- Remove the bacon but leave the fat in the pan.
- Add broccoli and scallions and cook them, stirring, until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the bacon and broccoli mixture.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until firm (25-30 minutes).
- Let them stand for 5 minutes and remove them from the tins.
- Serve and enjoy this tasty Easter brunch idea!
Banana Blueberry Overnight Oats
This refreshing banana blueberry overnight oats recipe is flavorful, mouth-watering, and good for you!
It's super simple to make. Leave out the maple syrup from the original recipe to reduce added sugar.
You can replace the syrup with a tiny amount of Stevia if you'd like.
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- Pinch of Stevia (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes (optional)
- Combine the milk, oats, chia seeds, banana, Stevia, and salt in a pint-sized jar. Stir the mixture well.
- Top it with blueberries and coconut if you'd like.
- Cover and refrigerate the oats mixture overnight.
- Serve it cold and enjoy!
Delicious Asparagus Frittata
This mouth-watering asparagus frittata recipe is nutritious, delicious, and makes an exceptional Easter brunch idea!
It's loaded with protein, fiber, and many other essential nutrients.
- 2 tablespoons of whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive-oil butter
- 12 ounces of asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 ounces of Fontina, diced
- Preheat a broiler.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and pepper in a bowl and blend the mixture. Set it aside.
- Over medium heat, heat up the oil and butter in a 9 1/2- inch nonstick ovenproof skillet.
- Add the asparagus and sauté it until crisp-tender (about 2 minutes).
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt. Sauté the mixture for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture. Cook it for a few minutes until the eggs begin to set. Sprinkle it with cheese.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the mixture until the frittata is almost set but the top is runny (about 2 minutes).
- Place the skillet under your broiler.
- Broil it until the top is set and golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Let the frittata stand for about 2 minutes.
- Loosen the frittata from the skillet using a spatula and slide it onto a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
This Crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is simple to make and loaded with nutrients and flavor.
It makes the perfect Easter brunch idea!
- 1 26-ounce bag of frozen hash browns
- 3 cups of shredded cheese
- 2/3 cups of white onion, chopped
- 1 pound of turkey bacon, diced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup of half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Cook the turkey bacon until crisp. Drain and set it aside.
- Spray the sides and bottom of a Crockpot.
- Place half of the hash browns into the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle on half of the onions, then half of the cheese, and finally half of the turkey bacon.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients: hash browns, onions, cheese, then turkey bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, garlic, and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the other mixture in the Crockpot.
- Cook it on low heat for 8-9 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baked French Toast with Fruit
Family members of all ages will beg for seconds when you serve this tasty baked French toast recipe as a favorite Easter brunch idea!
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive-oil butter, melted
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- Put baguette slices at the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and place the bread slices evenly on it.
- Bake them for 8 minutes and remove them from the oven.
- Brush the top of the bread slices with melted butter and turn them over.
- Place them back in the oven for another 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top the baked French toast with fresh fruit and/or Greek yogurt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Roasted Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce
You might not think of salmon as an Easter brunch idea, but this roasted salmon recipe makes the perfect addition to your menu instead of ham this season!
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest, finely grated
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Ground black pepper
- Quarter the cucumber, lengthwise, and remove any seeds. Leave the skin on.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and mix them with salt in a colander.
- Set the colander in a sink for about 1 hour to drain.
- Place the yogurt in a coffee filter-lined strainer. Set it over a bowl to drain (about 1 hour).
- Rinse the cucumbers with cold water and pat them dry.
- Toss the cucumbers with drained yogurt, dill, a pinch of sugar (optional), orange zest, cayenne, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the salmon lengthwise; then crosswise to make 4 squares of fish.
- Sprinkle the salmon all over with a pinch of turmeric and rub it in to coat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place it on a lightly oiled, oven-proof, nonstick pan.
- Roast the salmon, turning it over with a spatula after about 10 minutes, until just cooked through (about 20 minutes total). It should look bright orange when done.
- Place the cucumber sauce on 4 plates and top it with salmon.
- Garnish the salmon with dill if you'd like, serve, and enjoy!
Healthy Protein Banana Muffins
Muffins aren't always the healthiest choice, but this nutritious protein banana muffin recipe is!
It's the perfect Easter brunch idea for family members of all ages.
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit and prepare a greased or lined muffin tin.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the egg, honey, and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add in the oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full. Do not overfill.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious Easter brunch idea!
Easter Bunny Fruit Plate
You can't go wrong when choosing this festive, Easter bunny fruit plate recipe!
- Black or purple grapes
- Pineapple, cut into chunks
- Kiwi fruit, skinned and sliced
- Strawberries, sliced
- Apples, skinned and sliced
- Wash and slice the fruit.
- Assemble the fruit on a serving platter in the shape of a bunny according to the recipe instructions.
- Serve the fruit during Easter brunch and enjoy!
Want more? Check out these healthy Easter recipes to replace all that candy!
*Please know that weight loss results & health changes/improvements vary from individual to individual; you may not achieve similar results. Always consult with your doctor before making health decisions. This is not medical advice – simply very well-researched info on Easter brunch ideas.